Monday, 30 June 2014

Green with Envy

I was inspired for the first time in a year...

Sometimes I find it very difficult to get out of a make up creativity slump, which I had been experiencing for about 12 months.

I was sorting out my make up drawer earlier and saw just how many gorgeous green eye shadows I had in my drawer.  Soooo, I scrubbed all of my make up and an hour later this happened: 

                                                    [[Please excuse the horrible iPhone quality]]

It has been a while since I have worked with colour and doing a dramatic eye look and I think it turned out really well.  I just wish I had a nice fancy camera so that the true beauty can be fully appreciated but hey ho, this will do fine for now. 

This is how I achieved this look:
[[I will list all products used below.]]
  • First started with priming my eyes and eyebrows with a eye primer
  • Took a pale pink shadow all over the lid and up to the brow bone to set the primer
  • Started to carve a line in my crease with a dark green shadow and blended well
  • Swept a lighter green all over my lid and blended into the crease line I just made
  • Placed silver glitter dust across my lid with a damped applicator and pressed it into my lid
  • Worked with the different green shadows to give me the colour and depth that I wanted
  • Added a bit of black and brown shadow to the crease and outer corners to deepen it
  • Highlighted brow bone and inner corner with pale sand colour shadow 
  • Placed lashes on my top lid and blended in with a gel liner
  • Smudged green eye liner into bottom lashes 
  • Added nude liner to inner corner to brighten
  • Applied mascara to top and bottom lashes
  • Filled in my brows with brow powder
  • Applied foundation and powder
  • Bronzed and added blush to the apples of my cheeks
  • Lip liner and lip gloss to finish
And done! 


This look is great for anyone with blue, hazel or brown eyes.  It compliments them really well.  My eyes are a darkish blue colour and this makes them pop.  I used a nude lip to make it more wearable.   You can mix it up with a light/mid toned pink lip too to doll it up.  I think this look would be great for a party or a night out. I definitely think well defined brows are essential for this look as it will frame the shadows properly.  I do like to take my shadow up further than my crease when blending, just because my lids are quite big and have a lot of room to work with.  Just be careful not to take it up too high otherwise it will look too heavy.  You want to frame your eyes and compliment them, not drown them. Always make sure to balance a heavy lid with some colour on the bottom lid too.  This will tie the look together and complete it. 

The products I used are: 

Face:
  • Bourjous Healthy Mix Foundation No51 Light Vanilla
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder in Transparent
  • Body Shop Blush in Peach Shimmer
  • Beauty UK Matter Bronzer in No1 Medium
  • Beauty UK High Brow Kit
Eyes:
  • Body Shop Green and White Shadow Summer Duo 
  • Body Shop Shadow in Coconuts About You
  • Body Shop Shadow in Fig Leaf
  • Body Shop Shadow in Sweet Pea
  • Body Shop Shadow in Pale Pink
  • Body Shop Shadow in Matte Black 39
  • Natural Collection Shadow in Sea Shell
  • Barry M Glitter Dust in 4
  • Maybelliene Lasting Drama Gel Liner 01 Black
  • MUA Professional Eyes Primer
  • MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Forest Green
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in Nude
  • Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara in 001 Black
  • Eyelene Lash Studio False Lashes
  • Duo Lash Glue
Lips:

  • Model Co Illusion Nude Lip Liner
  • Model Co Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in Strip Tease

                                                  

So, I hope this was interesting and somewhat helpful...

Thanks for reading :) xxx

Copyright © 2014 The Beauty Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi