Sunday, 6 July 2014

My Top 5 Summer Essentials



Summer is finally here and the past few weeks have been filled with glorious weather.  So I thought I'd share a few things I just cannot live without during these hot, hot months.

1.  Johnson's Baby Powder

If you are a little bit on the curvier side like I am, then this stuff is a life saver. I'm so not ashamed to admit I get a bit of the old "chub rub" during the summer heat. I mentioned complained about this to my mum and she said that baby powder would sort it out. It had never occurred to me before... A little bit of this on the offending area, and no more chafing or rubbing!  I can wear dresses and skirts and not have to be in discomfort or sore.  Attractive image right there! But we're all friends right?




2.  Maybelline Dream Fresh 8 in 1 BB Cream in Light

I think I have finally found the BB Cream for me.  I have tried a few high street ones before. 
 They are either
too runny, too thick or too fragranced for my liking.  This, however, blends beautifully into the skin, doesn't oxidize during the day, and most importantly looks fresh and dewy for the summer.  I especially like it as it has a nice creamy consistency that doesn't feel too oily or tacky on the skin.  I always set it with Rimmel's Stay Matte Loose Powder very lightly so that it stays put. I also like that it has an SPF of 30 which we all know is extremely important in the summer months to have a good SPF to protect our skin from the sun.  It is an 8 in 1 product and lists all that it promises to do on the back, and I'll say, it most certainly does deliver.



3. Banana Boat Aloe Vera Soothing After Sun Gel

Sometimes we forget to put on our sun screen... and then we go out and play in the sun.  It's happened to all of us at some point I'm sure.  There have definitely been a few occasions where I have forgotten to put on my SPF (*slaps wrist*) and got myself a tad burnt.  Terrible I know, I know!  But this product is a true saviour.  It is a
green jelly like consistency and when rubbed into the skin it doesn't feel greasy at all.  It feels a little tacky at first but nothing too bad.  It's cooling and soothing and helps bring down the redness of the sun burn.  I remember it was 2 days before my Year 13 Prom, and I thought it would be a great idea to go out in the park, in the sun, for a drinking session with my friends.  I got burnt.  I got really, really burnt.  I was wearing a tank top that day... 2 days before I was due to wear a strapless corset to my prom... Yeah... You can bet that when I woke up the next day I was horrified. I quickly slapped some of this bad boy on throughout the time remaining until I had to step into my beautiful corset dress.  It really did help the redness of the burn to come down and hopefully my "tan" lines didn't look so bad on the day!

4. Vaseline

Now, if you haven't seen Tyra Banks go bat sh*t crazy over Vaseline on The Tyra Banks Show, I'll link the video here.  I have to say completely agree with her. It is an amazing product that I love to smear all over my
chapped lips, my dry eyes and anywhere that needs a bit of TLC. I have very dry skin and I find that this just solves all my problems.  I have learnt not to put it on in the morning as I have had a few issues trying to get my contact lenses in because I've been a bit over-zealous with the stuff and my fingers kept slipping.  Contacts in your eyebrow = not a good look.  I have exclusively reserved this product for bedtime where it can sink into my skin over night and work its magic.

5. Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub

Despite having dry skin, I also am prone to a few spots here and there.  I didn't get any in my teens, now I'm in my 20's they all seem to want to come out and play now!  I have been using this stuff every morning religiously (which is something for me as I tend to forget) and have really enjoyed using it.  It contains salicylic acid which helps with de-clogging pores and getting rid of the nasty bacteria.  It also has little beads in it which help gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin.  It doesn't dry my skin out at all and leaves it feeling soft and smooth.  It's also oil-free which is especially great for those with more oiler skin types. My face doesn't feel tight after which is something that I find a lot of other face washes do.  I actually feel confident in wearing no make up and going out, something that I would never dream of doing before using this.  Magical this stuff is.  Highly recommend.


Little extra:  my new favourite obsession... Orange Is The New Black.  I've seen everyone and their nan raving about this show, so I finally decided to sit down and watch it.  (I'm actually half way through an episode right now).  If the sun decides it doesn't want to show up for the rest of the summer, then get into your
comfiest PJs, with a load of food and just binge watch this.  I have struggled to do anything today apart from watch this show; it is that addictive.  If you have no idea what I'm on about, then I'll give you a quick briefing:  It's about this woman who gets sent down for 15 months in prison for a drug crime she committed like 10 years ago.  She gets to prison, struggles at first, finds her feet, makes a few friends and does all that prison stuff. Little warning: do not watch if you are like under the age of 16... it gets a little graphic with the lesbian shower scenes... go figure.  Anyway, it's on Netflix or online, just search, and you can watch this like me, in your pjs, all day. Not recommended if you have to do something really important to do that day as you most likely will not be able to stop watching!



Thanks for reading! xxx
Copyright © 2014 The Beauty Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi