Saturday, 19 July 2014

Poundland Makeup Gems Part 1




With my purse strings getting just that little bit tighter, I have decided to branch out and finally see if the make up I can get at Poundland is worth it.

Ok so I wasn't actually looking to buy anything when I went into the store.  I was looking around the "beauty section" to see what I could find, if anything.  To my absolute surprise, I found a few Rimmel things.  Some of them I guessed had to be a line that had come out a few years ago, there was nail varnish, eye liners, blushes, lip products.  There was a lot of Chit Chat stuff mixed in with the Rimmel stuff, which I wasn't too sure about, so left it.  

What I did find, however, was pretty amazing.  I found a Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocaliptic (clever, Rimmel, clever), a Rimmel blush in Bronze, and some Allura false lashes.

Firstly, you can just imagine how excited and frantic (yes frantic) over the Apocalips... they are brand new out, with a RRP of £5.99 and I got mine for £1.  I have this on my lips today. It is one of the most beautiful colours I have ever seen.  Not to mention the formula is top notch.  And the pigmentation.  OK, it's all good.  It glides onto the lips like a dream and stays put.  I have had a couple of "face touching too much" incidents and smeared it all over my face.  I found although, it is a lip lacquer, it also works really well as a tint by applying a small amount of colour and blotting with a tissue.  The colour pay off is still amazing, and I don't get it all over my face- bonus!  

The blush, I also have on today, it went on nicely, and gave my skin a subtle bronzed glow.  Perfect for my natural make up days when I need a boost.

The lashes, I have yet to try, I don't have my Duo lash glue on me.  I generally buy cheaper sets of lashes for looks for my instagram/portfolio.  I never keep them on for more than 10 minutes. I'm not really fussed with lashes if they are just for messing about with.  I like the look of them, a sort of criss-cross, fanned out shape.  And you get two pairs in the little box, sweet!

As I dropped these goodies into the basket, my mother turned to me and said those horrific 6 words no make up looney wants to hear... "Don't you have enough make up?"

Nope, is the short answer that!

So, don't be afraid of Poundland make up, some of it is surplus stock and in good quality.  They all come in little bags with the ingredients list on them.  I have seen a few articles, A Thrifty Mrs has a good blog post about her Poundland make up finds here, which is actually really interesting.  I'm jealous of the goodies she found, and I am on the hunt for more.  I will scour all the bargain stores for any more and let you know what I find.

I am quite excited if I'm honest.  Being a bargain hunter and looking after the pennies never hurts, does it?


Thanks for reading! xxx
                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                                                                                                     


Copyright © 2014 The Beauty Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi