Wednesday, 9 July 2014

The Bond Girl


To me, this look reminds me of a Bond Girl. Sultry, smokey and classic, that's what I think of when I think "Bond Girl". 

I really do love this look. Smokey eyes with a red lip compliments each other so well. I kept the inner corner of the eye light so the eyes don't look drowned out in black and grey. Great if you have smaller eyes to keep the inner lid clean and deepen the crease.

How I achieved this look:  

EYES: 
I patted a pale pink eyeshadow on my lid and up to my brow. I then carved in my crease with a fluffy blending brush.

I kept adding colour with this brush so I could control the amount of shadow going onto my lid.

I used a larger blending brush with my pale sand colour highlight shade on to blend it to my brow bone. Do not go higher than your natural crease! This can make the eyes look heavy, sleepy and eck!

I filled in my brows slightly darker than usual using a medium brown brow powder. This helps balance out the darkness of the shadow on your face. 

Add some fluttery lashes, mascara and black gel liner to blend in the lash band and the eyes are complete! 

LIPS
I kept the lip line clean and sharp with precise application using a small lip brush. 

I used a dark red lip stick in the outer corners of the lip and blended a bright red into the middle. This gives the lips a "3D" effect and some depth. 

FACE:
I kept my skin pale using my normal foundation/concealor routine and very little contouring.

I didn't want to take away from the lips and the eyes by making the cheeks busy with colour. 

HAIR:
I finished by curling my hair in every different directions with my SHE Hair Straighteners. With my shoulder length hair, these are perfect for creating curls and they hold! 
(Wanna know a secret? SHE hair is actually GHD... Same company, same quality, half the price. You can bet I was pleased as punch with that bargain.)

I set the style with a bit of firm holding hairspray. 

And voila! Done! 

This look is more for an evening, not quite daytime office appropriate (who has time in the mornings anyway?!) but you could totally rock this on a Friday night at a party.  The best part it is that it's super simple to do and only uses a handful of products to create! 

Hope you enjoyed this post! 

Thanks for reading! Xxx
Copyright © 2014 The Beauty Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi