Monday, 18 August 2014

The £3 Beauty Blender?!

So I was browsing my local Wilkinson's in the beauty aisle as per usual.  I was admiring the new brushes they have on display when I came across this little white sponge, reminiscent of the £20 Official Beauty Blender everyone raves about.  



You can probably imagine I was a tad surprised when I actually found it was pretty decent considering the £3 price tag.  You dampen the sponge as you would a normal Beauty Blender and apply it in dabbing motions to buff it into the skin.  My foundation (Bourjois Healthy Mix in Light Vanilla) went on beautifully.  Each time I've used it I do see how well my foundation goes on and looks flawless.  I'm eager to try it with some other foundations to see if it has the same finish (stay tuned!).  It does that have annoying stained look after you use it though.  I have tried to wash it but alas, it's stained.  But still, £3 and does the trick! 


So, if you are on a serious budget like me, and don't have loads to spend on a sponge, then I really do recommend this as a dupe for the Beauty Blender. It does smell a bit weird at first, and if you're used to a brush you may find it a bit strange using it.  But after a while and you've mastered the technique, flawless, even foundation is all yours.  Did I mention it blends concealor out like a dream too?  

I'll leave you with this short, but sweet post.  Recently moved and have no internet so writing posts whenever I can in Costa with tea for company. 

Thanks for reading! 


Copyright © 2014 The Beauty Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi